Wheeling Airport Today
Terminal and Lobby Museum


Original Architect's Rendering of Terminal Building


Landside Terminal Entrance


Control Tower (Operating)


Runway View from Tower


Partial View of Main Lobby


The Tower Beacon (thought to be an original Airway Beacon) was replaced after 50 years of service and is now displayed in the Terminal Lobby.


Partial View of Lobby Displays with Constellation Propeller


"INBOUND TO STIFEL" DC-3 mural was dedicated during HLG's 50th Anniversary Year in 1996.
Airport Manager Tom Tominack stands below the mural in the Lobby.


Detail of Mural


Mid '60s Allegheny Hostess Uniform


Lobby chairs used by J.F. and Jackie Kennedy during campagin stop at HLG in 1960.


Fokker Tri-Motor Aircraft were built in the 1920's just outside of Wheeling at the Glendale, West Virginia, Factory which later became the Marx Toy Company Factory.

   

 PCA/Capital Airlines Wheeling History Display in Lobby

 TWA Wheeling History Display in Lobby
   

 AAA/Allegheny Airlines Wheeling History Display in Lobby

 Lake Central Airlines Wheeling History Display in Lobby


All American Airways Wheeling History Display in Lobby


Original Lighted Lobby Sign


Airside Terminal Entrance

BACK | HOME | INDEX | NEXT